All students planning to attend and/or validate this course should:
- Fill in this registration form
- Subscribe to the mailing list for important announcements related to the course
- Register for this course at the secretary of the M2 MVA programme
- Create telecom-paris account following the instructions you shall receive by email from ip-paris.fr
Course Materials (slides, TPs, etc) can be found here
Course Description and Objectives
The course may be given in English or French depending on the audience’s preferences.
- Applied Mathematics (Linear Algebra, Numerical Analysis, Differential Calculus, Fourier Analysis) Programming (Python, Matlab)
- Basic concepts of image processing, optimization and deep learning are useful but will be introduced in the course.
- Individual reports of Practical Work (TPs).
- Individual project with report and oral defense at the end of the course.
Organization of the course
- 8 sessions of 3 hours each (course+TP) + 2 review sessions + 1 project presentation session
- Dates & venue: every Tuesday from 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm, via zoom or when possible at Telecom Paris, 19 place Marguerite Perey F-91120 Palaiseau.
Important: For the practical sessions starting at the second session, students may need a computer account at Telecom Paris, and a Google account to access https://colab.research.google.com/. If you do not have an account at Telecom Paris you shall receive (after your registration in this course) an email from ip-paris.fr with the instructions to create one.
- End-to-end deep learning and applications to super-resolution (S. Ladjal, 1 course + 1 TP)
- Inverse problems, variational, statistical and hybrid methods (A. Almansa, 3x course + TP)
- Generative models for texture synthesis (S. Ladjal, 1 course+TP)
- Variational Auto Encoders (A. Newson, 1 course + TP)
- Generative Adversarial Networks (A. Newson, 1 course + TP)